Personal Security, A Game Changer!
Morocco is a very safe country to visit. However, to enhance your experience and comfort we include a security detail to all our programs.
You will appreciate our nearly invisible personal security staff (bodyguards), they let you fully enjoy and experience your surroundings without constantly worrying about your safety or the security of your belongings.
Personal Security is a unique feature to Surf Morocco; this added service will enable you to get the most out of your time in Morocco.
Our Personal Security Staff is your Peace of Mind
“I remember surfing at Taghazout a few years back, and somebody stole my clothes”
Your trip information package will contain specific information on traveling to an Islamic country in North Africa and Morocco specifically. As well, when you are in-country our personal security staff will ensure you have a safe and relaxed Moroccan Adventure.
General etiquette when traveling to an Islamic Country:
It is often difficult for those planning travel to Islamic countries to get good information on the culture, the traditions and what is considered appropriate behaviour.
Culture is particularly important in Islamic countries; good advice for travellers is ‘do not behave inappropriately just because someone else is’
Also, the best advice is to not push boundaries. Just because an Islamic country is relaxed about tourists drinking and allowing the wearing of revealing swimwear, that does not mean that one should not dress respectfully when not by the pool or at the beach.
Tips for visiting Islamic countries
1. Do not draw attention to yourself
2. Check local laws and customs
3. Do not consume alcohol in public
4. Do not show affection in public
5. Men should not greet Muslim women by shaking hands
6. Avoid discussing politics
7. Dress conservatively always
8. Women should cover their shoulders, arms, and legs when in public
9. Women should cover their hair when in public
10. Be aware of religious holidays such as Ramadan